- Helmets are mandatory! If you don’t have a helmet, you can’t participate. If you skate without a helmet, you will be disqualified.
- Teams are allowed this Ultraskate. A team consist of at least two persons and a maximum of four persons
- The format is a relay type format in which the chip is passed on to the next rider
- Every team receives one chip
- Only rider at a time skating on the track (a couple of support laps are allowed)
- No reduced entry fee for teams
- An Ultraskate is something you do for yourself. You have to do it alone. You can however have support skating/biking with you.
- You can only have 1 support skating/biking with you at a time.
- It is prohibited to draft behind your support skater/biker.
- Support can only skate/bike with you if it isn’t busy on the track. In the first couple of hours it will be too busy, after that it is at your own discretion. If it really isn’t possible, the organisation will ask you/your support to leave the track.
- Support skaters/bikers always have to make room for participants.
- It is prohibited to be pulled, pushed or anything by someone else. Breaking this rule will lead to disqualification.
- It is allowed to draft behind another participant, but please keep it safe! Don’t skate too close to eachother and keep it fair.
- If you’re skating anywhere on the track, and someone faster wants to pass you, make sure you go out of their way. The track is for everybody, but try not to hinder anyone.
- If you’re skating in a group, make sure you still have space for other skaters to pass, don’t take up more than about half the width of the track.
- If you want to overtake a person or a group, do this preferably on the left side of the track. If this is not possible, let them know on which side you will pass.
- Not following these rules will lead to disqualification.
- Participants can use multiple boards and switch between them during the Ultraskate.
- The board(s) have to be in good state. Make sure it will last for 24 hours.
- It is forbidden to ride an electric skateboard.
- If you decide to use a paddle, you will be in the Stand Up Paddle category. You can switch between paddling, pushing and pumping, but you will still be in the Stand Up Paddle category.
- Participants have to be registered online. No registration means no Ultraskate!
- The entry fee has to be paid before the event. Make sure you pay in time. No money means no participation.
- To participate in the Dutch Summer Solstice Ultraskate, you have to be at least 16 years old.
- If you are under 18 you are required to bring a supervisor with you. This person needs to take care of you during the entire 24 hours.
- Your supervisor is allowed to skate and/or sleep, but should always be able to help, in case something happens.
Fire & smoke
- It is not allowed to smoke on the track. If you have to smoke, do it somewhere where others do not suffer from your bad habit.
- If you have to smoke, please put your cigarette butts in the ashtray. (Yes, there will be one.)
- It is not allowed to make a campfire. We want to stay friends with the track owners.
- You are allowed to put up your tent at the field. Make sure you remove your tent yourself, preferably before 9:30am.
- There will be electricity to charge your phone/camera/etc.
- The time system needs the same electricity, so it is not allowed to put several water boilers on it. If we have a power loss, we are going to have troubles with the timing system.
Lights at night
- The Dutch Ultraskate 2018 is on the 7th of July, close to the longest day of the year. It will only be dark for a couple of hours.
- Some people ride without lights, but if you want some light, it will be the best to bring a headlight.
- If you’re wearing a headlight, make sure others do not suffer from your light. Look back only if necessary, because you can blind people when you shine your light in their eyes. If you want to check on the people behind you, use your voice instead of your light.
- We are guests at the Ultraskate track. Make sure you leave it as clean as possible behind you.
- Don’t throw your garbage on the track, keep it with you till the start and throw it in the trash bin.
- Keep the toilets as clean as possible. If everybody does this, we do not have to clean as much at the end.
- We have to clean up the track together, make sure you help with at least picking up your own garbage.
- The track and the toilets need to be clean at 9:30am on 8th of July. If the track owners are not content with the state of the track after the Ultraskate, we are not allowed to use the track for future Ultraskates!
After the Ultraskate
- We have to leave the track at 9:30am, so you have to make sure all your stuff is removed from the track by then.
- You can remove your tent after 9:30am, but make sure you look out when you cross the track, because there will cyclists using the track.
- The trophy ceremony will start after everything is clean. Everybody will be tired, make sure you do your part and the cleaning will be done soon.
- Make sure you have someone to drive you home. You do not want to drive all the way back home after 24 hours of skating.
- The organization can at all times make exceptions to these rules.
- The organization can at all times tell someone to leave the track and withdraw them from participation.
- The organization will make a remark if someone is not following the rules or behaving like he/she is supposed to be. There will be no discussion regarding this.
- Participants are fully responsible for themselves.
- The organization cannot be held responsible for any damage to yourself or your belongings.
- The final results of the Ultraskate will be submitted to Pavedwave only by the organization. You can formally object against the results if you think your final result is incorrect. However, the organization is at all times allowed to reject your objection.